Hopefield Fynbos Show – 24, 25, 26, 27 August
General Rules and Conditions for All Stallholders
- CLOSING DATE
- All applications received before/on 30 April 2023 will receive preference.
- Late applications will only be received until 1 August 2023
- When choosing a stall site, it is important to make sure that your total structure fits into the space (this includes ropes, pegs and tow bars).
- Products can differ annually – therefore it is important that products are described in full on your Application Form and ALL applications must include photos, even if you have been to a previous Hopefield Fynbos Show.
- Applications without photos will not be considered.
- Food Stallholders must include a MENU and PRICE LIST with their application form.
- It is very important to indicate all preferences on the Application Form.
- All requests will be taken into consideration by the committee when allocating stall sites.
- APPROVAL OF STALLS
- The selection of stalls is necessary to ensure high quality and to minimize duplication of products.
- To prevent stagnation, new stalls will be approved annually. To have a stall at the Hopefield Fynbos Show is therefore not a guarantee that the stall will be approved again the following year.
- THE COMMITTEE WILL GRANT PREFERENCE TO HANDCRAFTED PRODUCTS AND FYNBOS PLANTS. The selection of stalls will be done by an independent committee. The decision of the committee is final and no further correspondence or discussions will be entered.
- Stalls that have not been approved will be notified in writing.
- Should the application be unsuccessful and the stallholder still attends the festival, the Hopefield Fynbos Show Committeeaccepts no responsibility to accommodate such a stall.
- Illegal stalls will be removed, and strict measures will be taken against trespassers. It is the responsibility of the stallholder to enquire about their application should no correspondence be received by 5 June 2023.
- If your application is not successful, please do not make any other payments into the Hopefield Sport Club account. SUCH PAYMENTS WILL NOT GIVE ANYONE THE RIGHT TO INSIST ON STALL SPACE AT THE FESTIVAL.
SUBLETTING OF STALL SPACE
No subletting of stall space will be allowed
- Should a stallholder cancel after 8 August 2023 a non-refundable cancellation fee of 75% will be charged.
- Cancellation after 8 August – no refunds will be made.
- Successful applicants will receive an approval form by 8 June 2023
- The required amount as indicated on the approval form must PLEASE be paid in FULL into the Hopefield Sport Club account before/on 30 June 2023
- Please quote you’re reference on the invoice. Banking details will form part of the invoice, that will be send as part of the approval for the show.
- If FULL payment has not been received by 5 August the stall will be cancelled and the stall site allocated to another stallholder on the waiting list.
- REGISTRATION OF STALLS
- All stalls must be set up by 17H00 on Wednesday 23 August 2023.
- All approved stalls must register on Wednesday 23 August from 10H00 to 17H00.
REGISTRATION TAKES PLACE AT THE INFO OFFICE ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS.
- At registration, stallholders will receive all permits required.
- Stallholders, who wish to register at a different time mentioned above, must contact the Show Office to arrange another time.
- Stallholders who do not register by the close of Registration Office on August 23rd, at 17H00 will forfeit their stall site and it will be rented to another stallholder.
- Please note that vehicles will not be permitted on Show Grounds after 17:00 on August 23, due to the opening function.
- TRADING HOURS
All stalls must be ready for full trading at 08H30 on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday morning.
- Trading hours for all craft stallholders must trade until 17H00 every day of the show.
- Gates will open at 06H00 every morning for stallholders until 08:00.
Thursday: 08:30 to 18H00
Friday: 08H30 to 18H00
Saturday: 08H30 to 18H00
Sunday: 08H30 to 16H00
(PLEASE DO NOT START DISMANTLING BEFORE THIS TIME)
- Main Arena: Food Stalls & Party Yard stalls however need to trade until 23H00 on Friday and 24H00 on Saturday.
- Please note that trading will take place after sunset – please arrange for additional lighting you may require.
- Food Stallholders are welcome to trade till 10pm or later.
- It is compulsory for all stallholders to trade for the full four days.
- Stallholders that do not trade until 16H00 on Sunday will not be approved for future Hopefield Fynbos Show.
- Vehicle Exhibitors will be permitted to exit the grounds from 17H00.
- It must be remembered and respected that visitors travel from afar to enjoy the festival until 16H00 on Sunday.
- ALLOCATION OF STALL SITES
- Specific stall sites can be requested, but will not necessarily be allocated.
- Stalls may be moved by the committee at their own discretion before the Hopefield Fynbos Show.
- Please take note that there are only a few corner stalls which cannot be guaranteed.
- Moving of stalls will not be allowed during the Hopefield Fynbos Show.
- ENTRANCE TICKETS
- Only 2 free entrance tickets will be allocated to each stall.
- It is not possible to give free entry tickets to all workers.
- Any additional tickets you may require for your workers can be arranged with the office before your arrival – this will be for your own cost.
- PLEASE TAKE NOTE: ALL STALLHOLDERS WILL BE CHECKED AT THEIR STALLS TO ENSURE THAT CORRECT BANDS ARE USED EACH DAY.
- FOOD STALLS
- All food stalls must comply with the Health and Fire regulations.
- It is compulsory that each food stallholder has a serviced dcp fire extinguisher of not less than 4,5kg.
- Food stalls must please ensure that the COC for gas installations must not be older than 12 months.
- Health & Safety inspectors will do inspections during the Hopefield Fynbos Show. Please make arrangements with the office. If you make use of gas, no more than 18kg of gas may be kept at the stall.
- Approved stalls using fires must ensure a clear area of 3 meters around it and it must be marked with danger tape.
- PLEASE NOTE: Drums will be placed in allocated areas for waste food. Please adhere to this notice.
- PLEASE NOTE: All Food stalls operating with HOT oil will be required to have a Fire Blanket on site at all times.
PLEASE NOTE: All stalls applying that sell edible products must supply the Hopefield Fynbos Show with a copy of a Municipal Traders License from Saldanha Bay Municipality – even if you do have one of your Municipal area.
- GOURMET STALLS
While it is obligatory to offer free tastings at your stand during the Festival, it is recommended that this be kept under strict control, in your own interest and that of the organizers. All exhibitors with alcohol on their stands are therefore requested to adhere to the following in the interest of responsible use.
- The organizers have a blanket liquor license to cover the event.
- It is illegal to supply samples or sell liquor to persons under the age of 18 (eighteen) years. Kindly ascertain that the persons serving at your stand are responsible individuals that will be able to enforce this rule when serving tasters or selling alcohol.
- Any violations of the above will result in the immediate termination of license facilities and the close-down of your stand.
- No promotions on double tasters will be allowed.
- 12. AGRICULTURAL STALLS
- Should you continue to exhibit your products in this area the proviso is, that under no circumstance, may pegs or other inserts be put into the court paved surface. We have an undertaking with the school that no property will be damaged in any way.
- Should your branding require stability, bring water drums timeously in order for our grounds staff to assist in filling them for you.
- Furthermore, as you have also been made aware, any and all stall holders with large equipment, truck rigs or implements must be set up by Wednesday midday to avoid traffic congestion etc.
- Also note that all such stalls will be inspected by our Health and Safety officers at 2pm on that day to ensure all safety procedures are in place.
- Please co-operate and have one of your technical personnel available to certify that equipment in safety mode. It is also your responsibility to have one of our officials sign off your space as being undamaged on departure post the event.
Please note that any non- compliance of the above will result in further action and any damage your equipment may cause will incur direct costs to your company and or subcontractors used by you.
- ELECTRICITY- VERY IMPORTANT
- Stalls will be checked intermittently with regards to power misuse!
- Standard allocated electricity is worked out to ONE power point and ONE electrical plug. ADDITIONAL ELECTRICITY is available at extra cost and must be arranged before the festival.
- Provision for electricity supply during load shedding, will only be made for critical key areas during the show. Stall holders must please take note that it will not be possible to supply them with electricity during load shedding periods.
FOOD STALLS PLEASE TAKE NOTE:.
- If found that a stallholder uses more than the allocated electricity they will be fined R2500.00
- Any special lighting is the responsibility of the stallholder at your own cost.
- Stallholders are responsible for their own extension cables.
- Please note that if you have a private electrical problem at your stall, this can be addressed by the Official Event Contractor able to access the festival grounds, FOR YOUR OWN ACCOUNT.
- Only products indicated on the approval form may be sold. This does not necessarily include all products on the application form.
NO BB GUNS, AMMUNITION FOR BB GUNS, LASER LIGHTS, STINK BOMBS, MAGNETS AND “BLOWPIPES” OR KETTIES MAY BE SOLD OR HANDED OUT DURING THE FESTIVAL.
- Please note: If any stallholder is found selling Laser Lights, the merchandise will be confiscated and your stall will be closed down. It is a disturbance to the Artist on stage.
- CAMPING/ABLUTION FACILITIES
- ALL CAMPING ON FESTIVAL GROUNDS IS PROHIBITED.
- TO ALL STALLHOLDERS: PLEASE TAKE NOTE – ONLY PUBLIC TOILETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
- Each stallholder will receive one vehicle permit for drop off purpose only.
- This vehicle permit must be visible at all times on your windscreen.
- Vehicles are not allowed to park at their stall or on the Festival Grounds.
- Safe parking for stallholder vehicles will be allocated in the streets adjacent to the festival grounds. Vehicles parked at any other space on the festival grounds will be towed away.
- Delivery time is until 08H00 daily and only vehicles with permits will be allowed.
- NO deliveries will be accepted after 08H00.
- Any other needs must be conveyed to the info office.
- If the grounds become inaccessible due to heavy rains the gates will be closed and NO VEHICLES will be allowed on the grounds. Please give us your full co-operation in this exercise to ensure the grounds are conducive for a good festival.
- As a stallholder, you will be responsible for the safety of your stall, products and equipment at all times. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN SLEEP AT YOUR STALL TO DO YOUR OWN SECURITY.
- There will be a 24 hour service on the festival grounds for the safety of the public.
- The Hopefield Fynbos Show reserves the right to ask a stallholder to leave the premises if he/she is guilty of misconduct or harassment of another stallholder. The behavior of a stallholder must not disturb other stallholders.
- For your safety the grounds are only secured by security personnel until 12h00 – 29 August . Please ensure that all valuable logistics/stock. Equipment is removed before then. The Festival Organisers cannot be held responsible for any loss.
- Due to misappropriation of equipment and illegal possession, all vehicles can be searched on entrance and exit of the grounds. No alcohol is permitted to enter the grounds as the Beer Tent is the sole supplier and subject to Liquor Act.
- 18. INDEMNITY
- The Hopefield Fynbos Show and its committee or agents will not be liable for claims in respect of theft, fire, vandalism and any damage or loss to equipment and products.
- The Hopefield Fynbos Show and its committee or agents will further not be liable for any losses, damage or bodily injury and or death of any kind what so ever to any property or person and no risk is assumed by the Hopefield Fynbos Show or its committee or agents for such loss or damage.
- All exhibits are entirely at your own risk.
- The Hopefield Fynbos Show and its committee or agents will not be liable for any injury or health problems that a person might develop due to participation in the festival.
Exhibitors are advised to contact their insurance companies to negotiate the necessary extra clauses to their existing policies. The organizers are not responsible for the insurance of exhibitors’ goods.
- Property damage / loss and personal injury: Each exhibitor enters the venue at his/her own risk and is responsible for the safety of his/her own staff, property, stand and its contents. We therefore strongly recommend that each exhibitor insures himself/herself against the kinds of risks which may occur in connection with an exhibition for the full period of the Festival, including the build-up and break down periods. Insurance against all or any loss and/or damage which he/she may suffer or liability which he/she may incur with regard to exhibit and display materials, furniture and equipment, personal effects, etc. is recommended. Also remember goods in transit.
- Public liability. The organisers require each exhibitor to hold insurance cover for Public Liability Indemnity and may require evidence that this is in place.
REMEMBER! REMEMBER! REMEMBER!
Final Payment Date: 25th August
Registration Date: Tuesday, 23th August 2023, 10h00-17h00
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY